701 22nd Ave. E.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35401

(205) 349-2455

(205) 752-1202

Q: If I file bankruptcy, will I lose my house?

A: Our main concern is to protect your property, specifically your home. We haven't lost a single home in 14 years when we anticipated that it would be part of a bankruptcy. We will help you help you save your home under Chapter 13, which is specifically designed to do so.


Q: Will bankruptcy hurt my credit?

A: A person often looks stronger after bankruptcy, as it shows that the debt is extinguished.


Q: How else can bankruptcy affect my credit rating?

A: If an individual has a high credit rating, about 700 and up, bankruptcy can reduce that credit rating to a level still approvable by many lenders. Those with a very low credit rating should experience a credit score increase over time after concluding their bankruptcy.


Q: What if someone has cosigned on a loan? How will my bankruptcy affect them?

A: Under Chapter 7, the co-debtor is not protected and may require a separate bankruptcy filing. Under Chapter 13, however, the cosigner receives protection without having to file separately under the law.


Q: How much does bankruptcy cost?

A: The attorney fees for Chapter 7 start at $700, depending on circumstances. For Chapter 13, the attorney fees are part of the payment plan. In most cases, there are no upfront fees aside from a mandatory $35 credit counseling fee. For more information about our affordable fees, contact Camron Law today.


Q: What about the credit union or other local financial institutions that I am currently a member of and do business with?

A: Often we are able to fashion a plan that doesn't affect personal banking and relationships with local financial institutions and personal banking.


Q: How fast can we get started and how soon can I begin to protect my possessions? How soon can we stop the creditors from trying to collect?

A: Once we gather the necessary documentation, our average turn around is generally 48-72 hours. As a service to clients, we also pull credit reports to confirm.


Q: What documents should I bring to my first meeting with you?

A: We need a 60-day record of clients' most recent pay stubs, their most recent tax returns and as many billing statements as possible. We also need proof of Social Security number and a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license).


Request an Appointment


We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.Camron Law represents clients in the Alabama communities of Jasper, Demopolis, Greensboro, Moundville, Brent, Marion, Winfield, Fayette, Berry, Centreville and Livingston; as well as Tuscaloosa County, Marion County, Winston County, Walker County, Fayette County, Lamar County, Pickens County, Bibb County, Sumpter County, Greene County, Hale County, Perry County, Shelby County and Jefferson County.